The Consumer Lending Underwriting Manager is responsible for daily oversight, and managing overall activities of consumer lending underwriting
Essential Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure all consumer loans are underwritten to comply with company policy.
- Supervise and train verification staff on Underwriting policy and guidelines.
- Create and maintain Underwriting Policy Manual.
- Create and implement credit oversight process on day to day originations.
- Review all Underwriting exceptions and credit model overrides
- Create monthly Credit analytics update for senior management.
Non-Essential Major Responsibilities:
- Review and recommend changes and improvements to department practices as appropriate
- Must be able to effectively interact with management, employees, members, dealer contacts and other vendors
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions
- Proven, successful track record working in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- 5 years experience in consumer credit with 2 years in management.
- Excel, Word
- Ability to process information and make a decision whether to fund a loan or not.